Population Connection is a unique organization with a professional and dedicated staff that is passionate about population stabilization, environmental protection, social justice, and health and well-being. We have 40,000 members and thousands more supporters and participating educators working together to build a more sustainable future for all of our planet’s inhabitants.
Education Program Assistant
The Education Program Assistant works as part of a dynamic team to maintain and implement updates to K‐12 curriculum products, assist in marketing teacher resources, and coordinate the process of getting materials to our volunteer trainers and customers. The Assistant also helps to update and maintain our program websites. This is an entry‐level position with the support to learn new skills.
- Coordinate the assembly and shipment of materials (handouts and props) for staff and volunteer trainer workshops and convention exhibits.
- Maintain inventory of curriculum products, workshop hand‐outs, and exhibit materials. This will include working with printers and other vendors.
- Fulfill customer orders for curriculum products.
- Maintain organized and accessible records of all on‐line store orders and workshop payments (invoices, purchase orders, pending payments, etc.) for our accounting department.
- Update program websites as needed (WordPress).
- Update curriculum PDFs using basic desktop publishing skills (InDesign and Adobe).
- Maintain large contacts lists of educators within a database and CRM.
- Write blogs for program website.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience or equivalent (program administration, office support, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and careful attention to details.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Google apps. Familiarity with database management, desktop publishing and WordPress a plus, or an enthusiasm for learning new digital skills.
- Interest in K‐12 education and the organization’s issue areas (population, environment, reproductive health).
- Flexibility to take on new assignments and learn new skills.
- This position is based in Washington, DC with a current hybrid work schedule of 2‐3 days at the office, depending on work projects.
- Compensation: $54,000 ‐ $60,000, commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and POS medical coverage‐‐$20/month individual
- Blue Dental coverage $5/month
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous annual and sick leave
- 6% 401(K) match
- ID theft protection service
Population Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people color are encouraged to apply. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio‐economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employment
Population Connection provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Population Connection hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Population Connection reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the organization. This applies to all applicants and staff members.
Population Connection also provides a work environment in which each staff member is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all staff members in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Population Connection is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Population Connection’s diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, promotions, transfers between departments, social and recreational programs, layoffs, terminations, and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for diversity
All employees of Population Connection have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other organization-sponsored and participative events.